The guidelines below are recommendations that will increase Groupon’s potential to achieve:
More deals showing up in search engines
Deals ranking higher in search engines
Deals ranking higher for search phrases (keyword searches) on Groupon sites
Also see: Product Description Guidelines
Deal Title Formulas
|Attribute I||Attribute II||Attribute III||Attribute IV||Attribute V||(Attribute VI)|
|Brand||Model Name||Keywords||Value-Enhancing Features||Value-Enhancing Features||(Piece Count if Applicable)|
|Lock Pick Set Complete 19 Piece - With Transparent Padlock|
Glasslock Mini Food Storage Container Set (6-Piece)HP 11.6" Touchscreen Chromebook
iRobot Roomba 650 Robotic Vacuum Cleaner
Fishnet Tights (6-Pack) Regular & Plus SizesLU Life XL 8GB Smartphone (AT&T Unlocked)
Single-Stitch Lattice or Chevron Reversible Coverlet Set (3-Piece)
|Single-Option Deals||[Product Name with Keywords and/or Value-Enhancing Attribute]+ [Piece Count if Applicable]||ShatterGuardz Tempered Glass Screen Protector for iPhone 6/6s|
|Multi-Option Deals||[Product Name with Keywords and/or Value-Enhancing Attribute] + [Piece Count if Applicable]||ShatterGuardz Tempered Glass Screen Protector for iPhone 6/6s (1-or 3-Pack)|
- Keep it short & simple: consistent, user-friendly terminology that is easy for the average user to read (max. 80 characters)
Include a brand name (NOT Groupon) where applicable
Include the service, model, and/or version number where applicable
Focus on consumer benefit
Use correct grammar and spelling
Minimize punctuation & special characters
Capitalize the first letter of each word
Consolidate options (i.e. "Multiple Colors" instead of "Red/Blue/Black/Orange/Brown")
Acceptable, but not required
Call out 1 or 2 key feature/benefits (i.e. material, product line, color if only 1 available)
Include the condition of the product ("New", "Refurbished", "Used")
Include relevant demographics (Newborn, Infant, Toddler, Kids, Adult)
Include gender when appropriate - avoid stereotypes such as women + household items (i.e. women's mops), men + sports, etc.
- Hanes 100% Cotton Unisex T-Shirt
- BOGO Dinner Combo at The Max
- Weekday Afternoon Chicago Architectural Tour
- iPhone 12 Pro Protective Case
- Include every variation of size, color, or other attribute in the product name. You should include that plus or extended sizing available in the title for apparel.
- Use changing/dynamic information (i.e. sale price)
- Include promotional text like "free shipping”
- Keywords spamming within the product title is prohibited.
- Avoid using symbols such as [ ], |, etc. These can cause errors that prevent your listing from going live.
- The title must avoid the use of rhetorical questions, vague or unsubstantiated claims, and references to other websites.
- Avoid listing unrelated brands or products for comparison in the title.
- Do not include your company’s name in the product title.
- Do not capitalize articles, prepositions, or conjunctions like “and,” “or,” “with,” or “to.”
- The title cannot contain words that are entirely capitalized or lowercase (except when branded as such).
- Do not include periods at the end of the title.
- Do not include pricing language
- 100% Cotton Mens/Womens/Teen T-Shirt S/M/L/XL Red/Blue/Green/Gray
- Women's Tank with Waist Trainer and Gel. Plus Sizes Available. - From $26.99 - Dayton
- Flirtzy Silicone Bra with Clear Strap Women's Push up Bra with Adjustable & Remo
- Womens Mens Kids Unisex Cell phone iPhone Android Touch Screen Cotton/Microfiber Blend Light Wear Gloves