DO keep your product titles concise (70 characters max, including spaces) with minimal punctuation or symbols.
DO use proper punctuation and grammar.
DO capitalize the first letter of every major word in the title.
DO capitalize the first letter of each word, where appropriate.
DO include the brand name if it fits in the character limit. Be a little more descriptive when space allows.
DON’T use the word Options. Whenever possible, be more descriptive using phrases such as Multiple Styles/Designs/Colors Available.
- DON’T use rhetorical questions, vague or unsubstantiated claims, and references to other websites.
- DON’T include periods at the end of the title.
- DON’T include pricing language.
- DON’T include any copyright or trademark symbols.
- DON’T include your company’s name in the product title.
DON’T capitalize articles, prepositions, or conjunctions such as “and,” “or,” “with,” or “to.”
DON’T use symbols such as [ ], |, etc. These can cause errors that prevent your listing from going live.
- DON’T use misspelled words.
- DON’T have the title contain words that are entirely capitalized or lowercase (except when branded as such).