Anti-Misrepresentation & Anti-Manipulation Policy
All Groupon Goods Marketplace Merchants are required to comply with the following Anti-Misrepresentation and Anti-Manipulation Policy.
We strive to offer the most positive user experience possible for customers on Groupon. This includes providing customers with the most clear and accurate representations of product value possible, so that they can shop with confidence on Groupon.
Deal and offer descriptions, as well as categorization information, must be accurate. Your listing should never lead a customer to believe something that is not true.
Merchants offering products or services for sale on any of Groupon’s channels must:
- accurately describe the products or services being sold;
- not make any claims about products that cannot be substantiated, particularly with regard to any claims regarding medical benefits of a product or service;
- only advertise products or services that are available, in stock, and which merchants are capable of fulfilling;
- abide by all shipping representations and timeframes;
- ensure that the products and services are of reasonable quality, and free from defects in workmanship, materials and design; ensure that their products are genuine and bona fide; and
- ensure that their products and services otherwise comply with all applicable laws.
Any disclaimers attached to your product listing must:
- be prominent and visible;
- not be obscured by images, graphics or text; and
- not undermine or contradict the Product Details or the Fine Print.
In addition, customer reviews must contain authentic feedback, whether positive or negative.
Any attempt to misrepresent deal or offer descriptions or categorization information, or to manipulate customer reviews - including by directly or indirectly contributing false, misleading or inauthentic content - is strictly prohibited on Groupon. Such misconduct may also violate applicable laws and regulations, such as the Federal Trade Commission Act or the EU Unfair Commercial Practices Directive, and can lead to legal action and civil and criminal penalties.
Keep in mind that customers have the ability to report products that do not properly uphold the expectations outlined in your listing details. Depending on the severity and frequency of these reports, Groupon may take correctional measures ranging from delisting a particular merchant’s product to suspending the merchant’s account entirely.
We take the integrity of our platform very seriously. If we determine that a merchant has attempted to falsify or misrepresent deal or offer description or categorization information, manipulate customer reviews, or otherwise violate its applicable merchant agreement or our Vendor Code of Conduct, we may immediately suspend or terminate the relevant Groupon merchant account and remove manipulated customer reviews and any or all of the merchant’s deals or offers. In addition, if we determine that a Groupon merchant has been engaging in manipulation of any deal or offer descriptions or customer reviews, the merchant’s remittances and payments may be withheld or forfeited.
Further, we reserve the right to pursue legal and/or equitable action, including indemnity for any and all damages incurred by Groupon, against dishonest merchants for deal or offer misrepresentations and manipulation of customer reviews, as well as against any parties who provide and post any inauthentic customer reviews.
We encourage you to contact your Groupon merchant representative (if you are an existing Groupon merchant) or firstname.lastname@example.org if you believe any deal or offer description or category information is inaccurate, if you believe customer review manipulation is taking place, or if you believe our Vendor Code of Conduct is being violated in any other manner. We will investigate the concern thoroughly and take appropriate action, if necessary.